First, we’ll help you build a foundation of great oral hygiene for your child. A big concern is early childhood caries (also known as baby bottle tooth decay or nursing caries).
Overfeeding or over nursing can be a risk factor that leads to tooth decay, so we work to make sure that isn’t a problem. Remember these helpful hints:
- Before the teeth come in, you can massage the gums with a soft cloth or infant finger brush
- Begin brushing your child’s teeth as soon as they appear (the sooner, the better!)
- Once the teeth appear, a soft infant toothbrush and smear or rice-sized amount of toothpaste are great for brushing your child’s teeth
We offer a free walk-through first visit where your child can come to the office and observe what goes on. This helps them get to know us and feel less intimidated, so your child can be gradually introduced to treatments.
We look forward to meeting you at your first visit!
Let’s Get Started
Did you know that the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry and the American Academy of Pediatrics both recommend that children visit the dentist by age one? More than anything, it’s vital to teach your child how to properly care for their teeth, and we’re here to help!
Your child’s first visit to the dental office needs to be a positive experience. We designed our office specifically to make your child feel at home.
If your child needs restorative care, Dr. Ward and Dr. Platt are highly trained in techniques to help your child feel safe and relaxed while they work.
Financing & Insurance
We accept all insurance plans, and we’re an in-network provider with the following:
- Delta Dental
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arkansas
- Municipal Health
- Medicaid ARKids (Delta Smiles and MCNA)
At Northwest Arkansas Pediatric Dentistry, we work hard to ensure that every child gets the healthy, happy smile they deserve. We accept:
- Credit Card (MC, Visa, AMEX, Discover)